Struggling with inconsistent WiFi speeds despite having a mesh network? Experiencing instability with your NBN?
Our WiFi Services
- WiFi Extender Setups
- Boosting WiFi Speeds
- Fix computer related problems
- Advanced Router Installation
- Resolving Internet Connectivity Issues
- Mesh WiFi System Configurations
- Addressing ISP related challenges
- EMF Measurements for Wireless Safety Assurance
- Installing WiFi for Small Businesses and Public Spaces
WiFi internet and router prices
The total WiFi internet price = installation + router + ISP plan.
A home WiFi router installation usually takes half an hour, which is $75. It may take hours to install access points or extenders in multi-room houses and ensure WiFi reception is perfect everywhere where fast internet is required. When WiFi is set right, it should not ever drop out.
The Internet plan price range in Australia is from $55 to over $100 per month and may include the price of a WiFi router.
Routers for home or office cost $30 to $500, more for mesh systems. It depends on the specifications and features, such as frequencies, speed, security standards, etc. Some optional features may cause WiFi dropouts or reduce security if misconfigured. WiFi quality is not automatically proportional to the router’s price.
We use simple and reliable routers priced at $30 - $200 for family homes.
|Ubiquiti UniFi AP
|Nest WiFi router
|Nest WiFi access point
|Optus 4G WiFi modem
|Orbi Mesh WiFi System, Router + 1 Satellite
A complete list of routers offered with services.
No WiFi internet fix
Why is a computer and mobile connected to WiFi but no internet? - that is a common question of NBN users.
The quick answer is that the WiFi router is working, but the connection to the internet is not. The key point is that the WiFi router and the internet are different. WiFi is the connection only to your router. For the internet to work, the NBN modem should also be working and connected to the internet via the provider. Here is the simplified chain to the internet: Computer - WiFi Router - Modem - ISP - Internet. If the WiFi is working but the internet is not, it most likely means a modem or ISP problem.
- If you reconnected the router just before it stopped working, check the connections between it and the NBN modem. One of the typical mistakes is connecting the modem to the router’s LAN port. Connect the modem to the router’s WAN port, marked red or blue. It is easy to make mistakes in new installations or when people get replacement routers for NBN modems or reconnect their routers.
- Restart both the router and NBN modem.
- Check the lights on the NBN modem. They all should be solid except for one light blinking. If modem lights are off, call your internet provider, as they should replace the modem for free. NBN modem could be damaged due to a lighting or power surge.
Those are only a few reasons why the WiFi is not working. Contact us today, and we can solve them all ASAP.
Public WiFi installations
We install WiFi for coffee shops, hotels, and fitness centres; consult on how to set up the WiFi network of the best quality for less.
Public WiFi features
Public WiFi networks provide additional features to enhance user experience and security compared to home WiFi networks.
- Fast and reliable internet access across a wide area
- Easy WiFi password management
- Business web page or social media integration
- Customizable WiFi log-in page
- Secure isolation of users
- Content filtering
- Admin control apps to manage and monitor
- Automatic WiFi channel configuration
Some complete public WiFi projects:
- Woollahra Sailing Club - Indoor and outdoor public WiFi installation.
- Marina Resort, Nelson Bay - public WiFi points upgrade.
- Harbour Bar & Kitchen Darling Harbour - Indoor public WiFi spot.
- Whitewater Restaurant, Manly - public WiFi installation.
- Bluewater Cafe, Manly - public WiFi point installation.
- Backpackers Buddy / Manly Internet Cafe - 13 Computers and public WiFi access point setup.
- Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, Victoria - 55 rooms WiFi network installed.
WiFi router vs access point
While a WiFi access point and a router look the same, the access point only creates the WiFi network. The router can create WiFi, too, but its primary role is to manage traffic to connected devices, including issuing IP addresses and handling DNS requests.
Some routers switched to the access point mode, and some access points may provide router functionality such as DHCP. Confusion of these devices and misconfiguration is the common cause of intermittent WiFi dropouts.
WiFi extender vs mesh
A mesh is a set of WiFi extenders interconnected wirelessly. Usually, they form one WiFi network and have a seamless roaming feature. That way, there is no interruption when you walk from one room to the other during the conference call.
A set of separate extenders also can be set up in one uniform WiFi network. But that would not have seamless roaming. For the best speed and stability, extenders should be connected by network cables. However, that would not be called mesh.
A new mesh system is optional if you move across the house while connected. Manly Electronics specialist can configure existing hardware for the best internet at the required spots.
Free call-out to the Sydney North area
We give priority call-outs to Northern Beaches Mosman Manly to Palm Beach, North Shore North Sydney to Hornsby. WiFi installations can also be arranged at any Sydney or regional NSW locations.