Home WiFi installations
Have you purchased a WiFi mesh, but the internet speed fluctuates? Is the upgraded NBN WiFi still unstable?
- WiFi speed improved
- Better router installed
- Internet dropping fixed
- WiFi extender installation
- Mesh WiFi system setup
- Optus and Telstra problems solved
- EMF reading to ensure wireless safety
WiFi internet and router prices
The total WiFi internet price = installation + internet price + routers
A home WiFi router installation usually takes half an hour, which is $75. It may take hours to install access points or extenders in multi-room houses and ensure WiFi reception is perfect everywhere where fast internet is required. When WiFi is set right, it should not ever drop out.
The internet price range in Australia is from $55 to over $100 per month and may include the price of a WiFi router.
Routers for home or office cost $30 to $500, more for mesh systems. It depends on the specifications and features, such as frequencies, speed, security standards, etc. Some optional features may cause WiFi dropouts or reduce security if misconfigured. WiFi quality is not automatically proportional to the router's price.
We use simple and reliable routers priced at $30 - $200 for family homes.
|Ubiquiti UniFi AP||AC2200,4x4||$150|
|Nest WiFi router||AC2200,4x4||$200|
|Nest WiFi access point||AC1200,2x2||$130|
|Optus 4G WiFi modem||AC1200||$216|
|Orbi Mesh WiFi System, Router + 1 Satellite||AC3000||$350|
A complete list of routers offered with services.
Public WiFi installations
We install WiFi for coffee shops, hotels, and fitness centres; consult on how to set up the WiFi network of the best quality for less.
Public WiFi features
Public WiFi networks provide additional features to enhance user experience and security compared to home WiFi networks.
- Fast and reliable internet access across a wide area
- Easy WiFi password management
- Business web page or social media integration
- Customizable WiFi log-in page
- Secure isolation of users
- Content filtering
- Admin control apps to manage and monitor
- Automatic WiFi channel configuration
Some complete public WiFi projects:
- Woollahra Sailing Club - Indoor and outdoor public WiFi installation.
- Marina Resort, Nelson Bay - public WiFi points upgrade.
- Harbour Bar & Kitchen Darling Harbour - Indoor public WiFi spot.
- Whitewater Restaurant, Manly - public WiFi installation.
- Bluewater Cafe, Manly - public WiFi point installation.
- Backpackers Buddy / Manly Internet Cafe - 13 Computers and public WiFi access point setup.
- Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong, Victoria - 55 rooms WiFi network installed.
WiFi access point vs router differences
While a WiFi access point and a router look the same, the access point only creates the WiFi network. The router can create WiFi, too, but its primary role is to manage traffic to connected devices, including issuing IP addresses and handling DNS requests.
Some routers switched to the access point mode, and some access points may provide router functionality such as DHCP. Confusion of these devices and misconfiguration is the common cause of intermittent WiFi dropouts.
WiFi extender vs mesh
A mesh is a set of WiFi extenders interconnected wirelessly. Usually, they form one WiFi network and have a seamless roaming feature. That way, there is no interruption when you walk from one room to the other during the conference call.
A set of separate extenders also can be set up in one uniform WiFi network. But that would not have seamless roaming. For the best speed and stability, extenders should be connected by network cables. However, that would not be called mesh.
A new mesh system is optional if you move across the house while connected. Manly Electronics specialist can configure existing hardware for the best internet at the required spots.
Free call-out to the Sydney North area
We give priority call-outs to Northern Beaches, North Shore, Mosman, and Manly to Palm Beach. WiFi installations can also be arranged at any Sydney or regional NSW locations.